Monday, March 9, 2015

How to hide the “Last Seen” notification on WhatsApp’s


TWS||Nick Waigwa

Each time you use your WhatsApp people who have you in their contacts list get to know when you last used the application. 

The last time a friend asked why I always use the application very late at night I felt as if I have been exposing my privacy for invasion. Unfortunately a phone I was using then had its internet connection active as along as it was on and there was very little I could have done about it. Worse of it all, I did not know how to change the “last seen” privacy setting. 

I kept wondering whether there was a way to control who in my contacts gets to see the last time I used the App. Thank God the engineers behind application knew there would be uses like me who would not mind to have their movements on social communication Apps limited to a selected few. 
 
Recently, I discovered how to change the setting. In fact if you have me in your contact list am sure you are not able to tell when I last used the App. Others have even thanked me (ironically) for blocking them.  Relax… I just adjusted the settings to bar you from knowing when I last accessed the App.

The process is very simple; Open WhatsApp on your device > Go to the Settings Menu > Account then to >Privacy Settings. On the “Privacy” settings menu, select “Last Seen.” Under the “Last seen” drop down menu you will get the following options; everyone, my contacts, nobody. Select the option that is most suitable to you. 

Now YOU know and as the world gets digital in almost every front you should also know that only the ignorant can resist grabbing the opportunities the digital world and service providers in the digital world present. Imagine you can now get a FREE WEBHOSTING SOLUTION.

Get a free DOMAIN NAME, Sub DOMAINS and secure customized email address for yourself such as “you@yourdomainname.com. Such offers do not last forever but you can chose to last for a lifetime without benefiting from them.

No comments: